Museum Assistant: Part-time Temporary Position
Since 1997 The Griot Museum of Black History, at 2505 St. Louis Avenue, has collected, preserved, and shared the stories, culture, and history of Black people - particularly those with a St. Louis regional connection to American history. The Griot is currently seeking a Museum Assistant for a part-time, temporary position.
Reporting to the Executive Director the Museum Assistant will support the work The Griot is doing to chart their path for the future. The Museum Assistant is a generalist with responsibilities that include community engagement and visitor services, as well as routine administrative functions. As a museum with a permanent collection along with changing exhibitions, The Griot is working with its Board of Directors and an Advisory Committee to create strategic plans for the future of the museum. The Museum Assistant may also provide administrative support for planning meetings.
• Outstanding interpersonal, written, oral, and organizational skills
• Computer literacy with proficiency in word processing, basic graphic design, and data entry
• Enthusiasm for or experience in African-American history/heritage/arts
• Adaptability to fast-paced, quickly evolving situations
• Ability to work flexible 20-25 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends
• Minimum of undergraduate degreeThe perfect candidate may be a recent college graduate, graduate study student, or retired educator who has the skills we are seeking and who wants to be a member of the team that ensures our growth and sustainability.
Download Job Description
how to apply
Please send a Cover Letter with a CV or Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 30, 2017.